[ANN] Altuit VueTools available...

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon May 14 13:47:44 EDT 2007

David,

Originally I had a 'VueHub' which acted as a broker between Rev and Vue's
Python, sending and retrieving Python scripts and data back and forth. I
ended up only using Rev as the Installer/Manager for Vue and the toolbar you
are seeing is wxPython (runs on all platforms as well). I could never get
the VueHub approach to run in it's own thread. Not a problem for Rev, but
rather a problem for Vue's own version of Python.

The VueToolbar does run in it's own thread, and communicates back and forth
from it to Vue. As wxPython is not installed with Vue, I also had to use the
Revbuilt VueTools Manager to install it as well. On the Mac, I ran into
significant problems with Rev's unzip tool on that one. Ended up just using
a commandline unzip process on the Mac. Not sure who's to blame as Rev's
unzip tool has problems with embedded folders when they are actually
bundles. I hate the way Mac manages bundles.