Script Limits in 2.8.0 [was Spreadsheet]

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Sun May 13 11:08:06 EDT 2007

On 05/13/2007 at 10:16 AM "Viktoras Didziulis" wrote:
> It is likely to prevent somebody using Revolution studio to create a
> competing RAD environment. Unfortunately this also prevents from
> implementing any kind of scripting, or complex formula translations which
> would not compete with the RAD in any way. Therefore in order to
implement
> end-user scripting for own products (like allowing user to create
decision
> trees with formulas in nodes) some of us have to resort to other
languages
> via shell or SQL92/95 as alternatives. I guess the most efficient way is
> use SQL because of its tight integration with Revolution through its
> database modules.
>
> Best!
> Viktoras

Shouldn't this limitation be obsoleted? I had read once that RunTime had no
fear of a competing IDE, and in fact, they incourage it. It was explained
that a license to the engine is still required, so RunTime would still
benefit from sales. This ancient 10 line limit is well, "limiting" us as
developers. Do any of Revs competing languages have such a limit imposed on
built standalone apps?

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>