Spreadsheet

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Sun May 13 06:57:46 EDT 2007

Hi David,

regarding the formula processing and scripting, in one project I am using
sqlite to store and process tables because the SQL92 standard supports
things like as well as all major mathematical operators:

SELECT a, b,
CASE WHEN a>b AND a>2 THEN 'a is greater'
WHEN a=b THEN a+b
WHEN a<b THEN 'b is greater'
ELSE 'unknown'
END
FROM mytable;

SQL95 standard brings SQL even closer to complete programming languages, but
it is not yet implemented in litesql which however and luckily is (almost)
SQL92 compliant.

Anyway I see this as the only way to implement any scripting and formula
translation in Revolution, otherwise your end users are likely to smash into
the infamous scriptlimit which is 10 lines of Revcode.

All the best!
Viktoras