Intel standalone crash

ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Sat May 12 09:46:07 EDT 2007

Hi,

I saved a standalone for an intel Mac and the older type on a Mac
iBook. It calls custom properties for the control names and sets the
menubar depending on whether the user selected UI is English or
Japanese.  The older type standalone runs fine on an intel Mac as long
as the rosetta option is chosen.

The intel version crashes on the intel Mac when the menu is clicked. It
also does not display the control labels  properly, but as unreadable
symbols. The program imports Japanese text and displays it with no
problem.

It seems that text that is uniencoded will display but that unicoded
text stored as custom props and simply set on a preopenstack handler do
not? They work fine in a non-intel and not at all in the intel for
which it was built. Is this a BOM problem and I need to store yet
another set of custom props for the intel build?

sigh, when will foreign languages just work... (c'mon v3.0)

Can anyone explain this or point to a workaround?

Thanks
Ron

ps a windows standalone built on the Mac suffers the same problem with
the control names being unreadable but clicking in the menu does not
crash the program.