[OT] How to install Ubuntu (Feisty Fawn) in OS X using Parallels - a complete walkthrough

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Sat May 12 09:26:49 EDT 2007

How to install Ubuntu (Feisty Fawn) in OS X using Parallels - a complete
walkthrough

I came across the above article on the Internet the other day, and
thought it might be potentially useful to any Rev colleagues who had not
discovered it:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/04/27/how-to-install-ubuntu-feisty-fawn-in-os-x-using-parallels-a-complete-walkthrough/

If anyone has any further tips to give regarding the installation of
Feisty through Parallels, please do give them to us.

A word of warning. If your Feisty involves the use of a PS/2 mouse in
any way, I suggest you wait for Ubuntu's bugfix update which is sure to
appear soon. The PS/2 mouse doesn't work in Feisty! This was a general
Linux problem and not just a Ubuntu problem, but a very good example of
the kind of disaster that can occur if you take the quality of other
people's work for granted!

Bob