AW: protecting images in standalone?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu May 10 14:04:42 EDT 2007

Tiemo wrote:
> Jim, that sounds great, but doesn't the performance suffer badly, when
> including 180MB of videos into you stack, even if it is one or more
> substacks, when opening and accessing the stack? What do you think where is
> the limit with doing like that? I will create an app with about 6GB of video
> material, splitted into 18.000 clips :)

I think you've brought up an important consideration, Tiemo.  When Rev
loads a stack file, it reads the entire stack file into memory, and
custom properties come along for the ride.

On modern systems, a couple megs of images probably won't matter, but
embedding a 6GB video would almost certainly exceed available RAM, and
on some systems may even exceed swap space.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal