on returnkey doesn't work

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Tue May 8 17:55:23 EDT 2007

Guess I forgot to get back with the solution to my question; since it
was really quite simple. I just has had to set the Tab On Return
property of each of the Fields to true; now pressing return or enter
functions the same as pressing the TAB key. Sorry... I believe it was
Jim who proded me in the right direction.

Joe Wilkins

On May 8, 2007, at 2:44 PM, Matthew wrote:

> you might also try something like the closeField handler. It is
> sent to the field whenever the user changed something in it. If you
> were to put one in the card script and check the target, it should
> tell you which field it was, although I have not tested it.
> --
> Matthew Peterson
> Programmer
> Christa McAuliffe Space Education Center
>

> On May 5, 2007, at 4:11 PM, Jim Ault wrote:
>
>> Using these two handler in a card script works fine:
>>
>> card script
>> -----------------------
>> on returnKey
>>   go next
>> end returnKey
>>
>> on returninfield
>>   put the seconds && " user hit return in " & the target
>> end returninfield
>>
>> Without a returninfield override handler, then the "tab on return"
>> as true
>> on  each field means that upon reaching the last visible line, the
>> tab key
>> will be the effect.  Now the layer order of the fields controls
>> the movement
>>
>> Jim Ault
>> Las Vegas
>>

>> On 5/5/07 2:36 PM, "Joe Lewis Wilkins" <pepetoo at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Back, again with what could be a pretty stupid question, and...
>>> this seems like a pretty elementary feature that should work, but
>>> doesn't - for me - right now.
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> I've put the following into a card script and then tried it in a
>>> field script that would have an insertion point or some selected
>>> text. Essentially, I'm trying to identify which of the 45 text
>>> fields
>>> on a card is the one in which the user has just entered
>>> something, so
>>> that I can use the return key to go to the next field; the tab key
>>> works fine in this regard, but I'd like the return key to do the
>>> same
>>> thing. Each of these text fields only uses the first line, but if