Partition benefits . . .

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Tue May 8 15:13:48 EDT 2007

I couldn't help but notice someone saying how they wished their data was
backed up to a more secure CD instead of hard drives. Here in the rainforest
( www.rainforestinn.com ) where I work a CD only lasts a few months while a
hard drive that is kept powered lasts years. So we put all our music CD's
and all our DVD's into hard drives as soon as possible before the aluminum
layer of the external media starts to corrode and then be unreadable.

So hard drives are the most reliable storage medium we can get. Tapes are
much much worse here as they can go bad with a weird mold growth in less
than a month.

            |    |    |
           )_)  )_)  )_)
          )___))___))___)\