What to do to get a selected TAB-Button into the foreground?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon May 7 13:19:59 EDT 2007

On Mon, 7 May 2007 18:17:16 +0200, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:

> I just tried my first time a tab panel. As I see it, I put on each card the
> same tab menu and set the code to:
>
> On menuPick . switch "foo" go to card "foo"
>
> So far it works, now I am missing a little thing. If I click on a tab, I
> switch to the selected card, but the clicked tab doesn't come into the
> foreground not until I have clicked a second time onto the same tab. I have
> a pass menuPick in my script, and I don't see any property in the btn Tab
> Menu to set.
>
> What am I missing?

It sounds to me like you have a copy of the tab panel on each card.
What you need to do is put the tab panel into a group, and check on the
"Behave like a background" of the group in the Inspector. Then delete
all the other tab panels on the other cards, and then go to each of the
cards you've already created and place the new background group on the
card (Object menu, choose Place Group, and then pick the group). Any
new cards you create will automatically inherit the background group.

This way all the cards are sharing the same group object so the changes
to the tab panel is reflected on all cards at once.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com