Is Connecting to a Database still broken?

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Mon May 7 12:26:35 EDT 2007

I've got an app that connects with Postgresql database just fine as long
as I'm using the IDE.  When I tried to make either a stand-alone or use
stackRunner to launch the finished app, I get an "invalid Database type"
error.  I have the revdb.dll in the same folder as the stack, and the
Externals/Database Drivers folder under it with the postgresql.dll in
that folder.  I set the "Database Drivers" to the correct place in the
app before I use it.

This problem has been brought up before but I can't find that it was
ever solved.  I can't believe that such a glaring bug would still remain
after over a year so I'm thinking I must be doing something wrong.  I
have played with the capitalization of the database type (postgresql,
Postgresql, PostgreSQL, etc) but it still gives me the error.

Any advice on what I can try next?

Thanks,

Len Morgan