How do I create an autorun CD for Mac?

Martin Baxter mb.userev at harbourhosting.co.uk
Mon May 7 06:18:46 EDT 2007

Hi Tiemo,

Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
> Sorry, I don't have any Mac experience and hope Rev cares about the most for
> me. Yes I still will test my app on a Mac of a friend, but right now I am
> missing some Mac basics and didn't find anything about it in the tutorials.
>
> I want to create a dual platform CD (Win and MacOS X) running the app from
> CD. Until now I don't use any externals or plugins, so for Win I just take
> the standalone.exe put it on my CD with an autorun.inf and that's it.
>
> How do I create a autorun CD for Mac? Is there something like a autorun.inf
> file on Mac?

No such thing. Autorun is considered a security risk, and therefore
there is no mechanism for it. Mac users expect to open the cd and run
the application manually.

> And what do I have to put on the CD from the standalone building folders?
> There are 2 files Info.plist and PkgInfo (one folder above the app), 4
> Plugins folders with themes and 3 Revolution resource files
> (Revolution.icns, Revolution rsrc, RevolutionDoc.icns) Do I just have to put
> all these files and folders in same structure on CD, or don't I need these
> additional files?

Yes, put the whole directory structure as it is on to the Mac. The
parent folder and its contents are called a "package" which appears to
the mac user as the application itself. The user double-clicks the
package, which then runs the application as if it were an .exe.

> I would be happy if someone could direct me in the right direction or point
> me to any tutorial or example

Hope this helps

Martin Baxter