Clause in the Valentina License

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat May 5 06:36:55 EDT 2007

On 5/5/07 1:20 PM, "Peter Alcibiades" <palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Peter,

The most correct explanation of this will give Lynn Fredricks.

I remember that exists a couple of restrictions in EULA, which prevent
developer from developing of ROYALTY FREE application which is ala-FileMaker
or ala-Access.

I.e. Paradigma of course do not want that somebody  have buy cheap ADK e.g.
V4REV for $200-300, develop FileMaker killer and start sale thousands of
copies without any royalty. Because Paradigma self develop such kind of
product - Valentina Studio.

But if you very want develop own kind of FileMaker-killer based on Valentina
engine - no problems - just contact Paradigma and make special contract for
this project.

For any other products as Games, Educational, Accounting, Catalogs, and so
on, which are not **GENERAL-KIND DB MANAGER** you have no any issues.

-----------------------
Below EXPORT-issue was added into our EULA when one company that is our
competitor have integrate V4MD/Valentina engine into _own GUI General Kind
DBMS tool_ to import data from Valentina dbs.

We have told them
    * we do not like this
    * remove this feature from your app or pay us royalty :)
    * or people can just use CVS export from Valentina Studio,
        then import CVS into your app.

They have agree to remove this feature from that app, and instead we
together develop open source import/export Utility that convert between few
data formats.

That is the story.

------------------------
So do not worry. We not going link you to Valentina format.
Valentina engine have easy to use
    Vcursor.ExportText()
    Vcursor.ImportText()

As well as ODBC driver to get data from Valentina db via ODBC.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology