Path problem with Standalone

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri May 4 18:54:57 EDT 2007

On May 4, 2007, at 2:51 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> When you "add files" to a standalone, the SB will place the files
> (on OS X) inside the application bundle, next to the engine file, in:
>
>   My Standalone/Contents/MacOS/
>
> Since the default folder on launch will be the folder containing
> the standalone, a relative file path that will work in your players
> (on Mac OS X only) would be the above, with the file name appended:
>
>  My Standalone/Contents/MacOS/myAudioFile.aif

I would add one subtlety to Jacque's excellent summary regarding the
defaultFolder: In an OS X standalone, the default folder on launch is
the folder containing the application *bundle*. That is if you never
set the defaultFolder in your stack. If, on the other hand, you
explicitly set the defaultFolder to the folder containing your stack,
using a function like Jacque's, the defaultFolder will be *inside*
the application bundle at AppName/Contents/MacOS/. It's a subtle
distinction, but a useful one.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University