limited time demo?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Fri May 4 15:58:52 EDT 2007

Hi Rob,

I've done this kind of thing before:

on preOpenStack
   -- first gain access to settings
   -- (assumes this is a standalone)
   put the filename of me into tPath
   set the itemDelimiter to slash
   if the platform = "MacOS" then
     delete item -4 to -1 of tPath
   else
     delete item -1 of tPath
   end if
   put "/mySettings.rev" after tPath

   -- second, make sure a 30-day time limit exists
   if the uTimeLimit of stack tPath = empty then
     set the uTimeLimit of stack tPath \
         to (the seconds + (60*60*24*30))
     save stack tPath
   end if

   -- third, check for expired time
   if the seconds > the uTimeLimit of stack tPath then
     answer "This demo has expired."
     quit
   end if

   -- keep going if all is OK