A daft idea about using a printerserver to import video . . .

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Thu May 3 22:28:24 EDT 2007

>Luis wrote:
>
>"Well, you could use the Mac as a USB server..."
>
>Umm . . . and how would I go about assigning IP
>addresses to the USB ports?

If you can put the drivers on the old machine, you can use the file
sharing software to network it. Built in - at least on OS9. An
original iMac or cube could do it.

At 8:37 PM +0100 5/3/07, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

>What I would like to do is be able to connect a few
>tatty, old Macs I have lurking in my attic in Scotland
>to my PPC Mac Mini when I go over there in the summer.

Well, that's different. Why can't you use Ethernet between them,
then? They're so old they don't have an Enet port?? Yikes. That could
be a waste of time.

sqb
--

stephen barncard