Connecting Rev 2.6.1 to MySQL

John Craig jc at spl21.net
Wed May 2 12:44:21 EDT 2007

Hi, all.  I've tried connecting Rev. 2.6.1/Linux to MySQL 3.23.58 and
MySQL 4.1.13, but always get the 'invalid database type' error returned.
When trying with a standalone, I get;

 'Failed to load dbMySQL.so error dbMySQL.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory'
Rev can't seem to locate the library file where ever I put it.

I've tried using revSetDatabaseDriverPath, checked the permissions,
copied the .so file to various locations and changed the file name to
match the case in the error message, but still no joy.  I had a look
through the list archives for an answer, but nothing has worked so far.
Any tips appreciated.

JC