TARGET bug..please check

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue May 1 02:23:08 EDT 2007

Chipp wrote:

> On 4/30/07, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>> Was there a version in which this worked correctly?
>
> I tested it on 2.6.1 and it worked the same. I suppose this has been a
> bug for a long time. Don't know about prior to 2.6.1. In anycase, I've
> already filed a bug report.
>
> This one seems like a significant one as it really damages the
> closeField message for use in validation, unless one uses a workaround
> like Ken suggests. (Thanks, Ken;-)

There's another option:

I got on this kick a while back about reducing the warnings in my apps,
looking for ways to provide guidance to the user to avoid making
mistakes in the first place.

With regard to validation, this trajectory led me to a frontScript that
simply prevents non-numeric characters from being entered into numeric
fields, something like this:

on keyDown k
   get the uValidationType of the target
   if it is empty then pass keyDown
   if it is "number" AND k is in "0123456789" then
      pass keyDown
   end if
end keyDown

--