What's wrong with Globals?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Mar 31 14:40:56 EDT 2007

Jim-

As usual, an excellent writeup on custom property sets

Saturday, March 31, 2007, 12:32:01 AM, you wrote:

> [aside: globals are what I reach for when I am not sure where I am going
> with my design.  If this process goes on long enough, it becomes very messy.
> I then can see how I should have designed my data storage and access, but
> what a job to fix it :-)]

<g> I've stopped doing that for exactly that reason. Now when I feel
tempted to do that I'll make a local variable with get and set
handlers, then later on figure out the best way to deal with it.

Usually I will do what you do and end up with custom property sets,
but sometimes I will end up with local arrays. I do wish arrays
behaved themselves better, though.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net