From Planet Bizarre!

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Mar 29 23:35:36 EDT 2007

Can't resist sharing this one.

Imagine the day when one program start clobbering another?
It should never happen, right?

Well it happened yesterday to one of my users who had ATRA open in the
background
(9 years old and still doing well, Audio Transcriber.rev)

She was surfing in Safari and a pop up window inserted an image into the
player object
on the ATRA interface that is normally never more than a controller bar
for MP3's

This user is a super "naive" computer user (still trying to figure out
how to send attachments
by email.)  But she really gets the work out when things are
working...So I'm
pretty patient to solve any problem she may have..

Anyway, I just did not believe her... told her to reboot and open ATRA
again...

Viola... there it was... from Planet Bizarre:

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/runrev/images/BrowserPokesRevPlayer.png

The Safari poked the player object in Rev with imagedata!
Javascript playing at interprocess? Any rect in vram he can find to inhabit?

Scary if you think what such gremlins
might do if it someone on the dark side
understood the underlying mechanisms.

Sivakatirswami