Variable transfers Between Stacks and Sub-Stacks.

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Thu Mar 29 09:25:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

But how do you notify a "BOSS" that something has changed? As an
example:

I have a preference stack that hold the default way to display
measurements (Inches, MM, CM or Pixels). Other stacks that display
Measurement data use the setting to show how to display it. If I have
a stack open that is displaying in MM in a number of fields and the
user then changes the measurement to Inches I want all fields to
change instantly to Inches. I do this using my ISM module by
listening for a change of the Measurement Units. When the user
changes the value, all objects that are "Listening" for a Measurement
Changed Message get called and they update themselves accordingly.

All the Best
Dave