Problem with Fields

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 20:24:56 EDT 2007

On 3/28/07 5:04 PM, "Dave" <dave at looktowindward.com> wrote:

> I have a number of fields that the user can change. When they select
> a field I want its old contents selected so that if they start to
> type it overwrites the current contents. If they want to edit the
> contents then they click again to de-select the text.
>
> I tried your suggestion and it worked! Not sure why though?
>
> The reason I added it without using the "send" command was because in
> the documentation for "openField" it says:
>
> Examples:
> on openField -- when clicking in the field, select all its text
>    select text of the target
> end openField
>
> Which is exactly what I want to do!
There are other issues with events and messages...

You might have to "lock messages" or deal with the traversal or focusOut, or
other events that could occur just after the openfield message is sent.
Perhaps you needed to "pass openfield" so that Rev will know that it
happened.  Interface interactivity is not my area, so I am just guessing
here.

The 'send' technique in effect says "let all other things happen, then
select text"

Jim Ault
Las Vegas