Family punchups

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Mar 26 12:28:19 EDT 2007

On Mar 25, 2007, at 9:55 AM, Don Jungk wrote:

> On Friday 23 March 2007 4:02 pm, Devin Asay wrote:
>
>> And while we're at it...
>>
>> I should be able to drive on whatever bl***y side of the street I
>> want to.
>> I want to be surprised when I turn on one of the water faucets in the
>> shower.
>> I don't care if the > button on my video player goes forward,
>> backward, stops or records.
>> I should be able to say "Goodbye" when I answer the phone and expect
>> the person on the other end not to be confused.
>> I want my mouse cursor to move to the right when I move it away
>> from me.

Of course, RunRev themselves let us play with this concept is a short-
lived bug (showed up in 2.8-gm-2, squashed in gm-3) that caused
horizontal scrollbars move the wrong way in Windows. I'm sure we
could have gotten used to it. Remember the famous inverted image
experiment? (http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/
mar97/858984531.Ns.r.html)

>> ;-)
> This is completely off-topic, but I live in Southern Mexico and:
> the people here do drive on whatever part of the road (shoulder,
> sidewalk,
> patio, etc.) that they want.
> It's always a surprise when we turn on the faucet (there may be
> water) (and
> the cold water may be hot if the sun is out)
> It's common (and not considered rude) to greet people with "Adios"
> If you're
> too busy to talk. Nobody is confused.

:-D

Devin