Trouble with script

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 21:18:41 EDT 2007

On 3/26/07, Charles Szasz <cszasz at mac.com> wrote:
> Thanks to Eric and everybody else, especially Sarah Reichelt, who
> help me with my scripting problem. The script now works but
> unfortunately the RTF template file becomes a text file when Rev
> saves it after replacing the placeholders for the data from a Rev file.

When you say it becomes a text file, what exactly do you mean? Does it
lose all the RTF info or does the icon just look like a plain text
file icon? If it is the icon, then it may be because the default
fileType for Mac files saved by Revolution is text. If you set the
fileType to empty before saving, OS X will work out what to make the
icon look like based on the file extension, not the file type.

Cheers,
Sarah