transitions in rev?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 15:50:28 EDT 2007

On 3/25/07 12:16 PM, "Joe Lewis Wilkins" <pepetoo at Cox.Net> wrote:

> While we're talking about visual effects and PP presentations, I'm
> going to have to put together one shortly and rather than use either
> PP or the Mac equivalent, which I don't have right now, I'm thinking
> about the ease with which I can do a Rev stack/stand alone. My
> question is whether, if you've got a lot of photos, it makes more
> sense to create a card for each one, or just change the image being
> displayed on a few different cards using external jpg files. I'm
> inclined to do the former, but I have a hunch the later might be
> easier to manage. Downsides to doing either? I suspect the cards will
> probably be faster in execution. Maybe a lot faster, but...
> I suspect you will be heading in the direction of

set the filename of image mainHolder
set the blendlevel of image mainHolder  to 0 --full alpha
repeat
   set the blendlevel of image mainHolder  to less --full alpha
end repeat

and using tricks that "always buffer" and do work off screen.
I have not done this but it has been discussed in the archives.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas