Revolution File Suffix

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Fri Mar 23 13:23:51 EDT 2007

Hi from Paris,

> Yes, you should be able to right-click a .rev file and choose "Open
> with..." and select Revolution. Then in the dialog there should be a
> checkbox that says something like "Always use the selected program to
> open this kind of file". Make sure this is checked and click OK.
>
> That should do it.

Well, I tried that - and when I browse to the StackRunner program,
it just DOESN'T allow me to use it.

I knew that SOMEWHERE on the PC there was a list of file extensions,
with control on the program that is used to open files of each
extension.
I just didn't know how to find it (20 years on a Mac gives little
experience
of PC's !).

I finally found the list :

                     Control Panel -> Folder Options -> File Types

........ went to the .REV entry and used the "Advanced" option to define
the program to open .rev files. NOW, I am a happy bunny !

Thanks Bill and Ken for their suggestions. I uninstalled WINRAR, and
downloaded 7zip, which I will test out when I get some free time.

-Francis