I'm having a "group" problem

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 12:46:49 EDT 2007

On 3/22/07 9:32 AM, "Len Morgan" <len-morgan at crcom.net> wrote:

> I'm sorry to keep coming back with what must seem like stupid
> questions.  This one has me really confused.
>
> I've created a group that contains summary information in a small band
> that goes on each card.  I have set the behavior to "background."  There
> is a field filled in on the first card (where I created the group in the
> first place).
>
> When I created a second card, the group does get added to the card but
> when I switch between the two cards, the summary data on each card
> (which is part of the group) is different!  I thought the group (when
> set to act like a background) would not only carry the design of the
> group but the contents of the fields too.  Is this not correct?

Fields are like records in a database.
Fields on a card usually contains different information.
Setting the 'shared text ' for a field will mean that the same text will
show in all instances of the field, whether on a card, or in a group on a
card.

I think that the text that will be shared is the current instance of the
field when set to true.  This means that if you forget to set to true, add
text to several cards, then set to true, the current card value is used on
all cards.  Setting to false again, will show the individual values again.
I don't have much experience with this.

Label fields have the shared set to true.
Be careful of setting the shared to true, then false, then later back to
true, you might lose data.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas