I'm having a "group" problem

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Mar 22 12:43:33 EDT 2007

Hi Len,

> I'm sorry to keep coming back with what must seem like stupid
> questions.  This one has me really confused.
>
> I've created a group that contains summary information in a small
> band that goes on each card.  I have set the behavior to
> "background."  There is a field filled in on the first card (where
> I created the group in the first place).
>
> When I created a second card, the group does get added to the card
> but when I switch between the two cards, the summary data on each
> card (which is part of the group) is different!  I thought the
> group (when set to act like a background) would not only carry the
> design of the group but the contents of the fields too.  Is this
> not correct?

Make sure that the "sharedtext" property of these fileds is checked!

Grouped fields can have different content on different cards if there
"sharedtext" prop
is NOT checked, which is the default for most fields!

Same applies to buttons (checkboxes and radiobuttons), see the
"sharedhilite" property.

> Len Morgan

Regards

Klaus Major