How to deinstall rev 2.8.0 on a mac?

Reinhold Venzl-Schubert r.venzl-schubert at t-online.de
Wed Mar 21 04:29:20 EDT 2007

Hi Bill

> I had some problems when I upgraded maybe you have the same?
>
> Did you move your SQLite database to the new folder which is named
> 2.8.0-gm-2 and put it beside the new copy of runrev there?
>

> Did you also change the file path for the connect scripts??
>
>   put "/Applications/Revolution Studio/2.8.0-gm-2/shipping.db" into
> tDBA["FilePath"]
>

> None of this is automatic when you upgrade.

My SQLite database is in an own folder.
In the stackscript of my program I wrote this script:

   put the effective filename of this stack into genCardPath
   set the itemdel to slash
   delete last item of genCardPath
   set the directory to genCardPath

I connect the program to the database with the cardscript. It uses
the directory.
Maybe rev 2.8.0 do not understand this code!?

I did not try to change my code. I threw rev 2.8.0 in the wastebasket
instantly.
Better waiting for 2.8.3 than changing code I worked for month on ;-)

But when I installed rev 2.8.0 I was asked if I want to use the new
version and I agreed.

When I launch rev 2.7.4 first I can open my program without trouble
with "Open Recent File".
I also can drag the icon of my program onto the icon of rev 2.7.4.
But when I doubleclick my program I get the error message:
(my translation for german)

   The process could not be finished
   An unknown error has occurred (error - 10660)

I think when I deleted rev 2.8.0 I deleted the signpost for MacOS
inadvertently.
I tried to change it in MacOS but it did not help :-(

Reinhold