Do you Ubuntu?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Mar 20 23:39:18 EDT 2007

Bill Marriott wrote:

> Ubuntu is really flaky on the latest version of Parallels. Sorry but it's
> true. Rev worked more or less okay on earlier Parallels with Ubuntu. Still
> trying to get naked Ubuntu working on build 3188 of Parallels.
>
> Ask them why they don't have a drop-down option for Ubuntu when setting up a
> virtual machine. I've tried both "Debian" and "Other 2.6 Kernel" with it and
> I get errors while booting the Live CD and can't even shut down reliably.

I have the shutdown problem too, it hangs at "will halt now" and that's
that. Then I just have to manually hit the Stop button. Otherwise it
works semi-okay except after launching Rev or MC. The stacks actually
run fine for a while, but the whole system becomes unresponsive soon
after. The mouse moves, but no mouse or keyboard input is accepted.

Instructions I found on the web say to install on Parallels using "Other
2.6 Kernel" so that's what I did. I also had problems with installation
and had to build a couple of packages manually after rebooting.

I wish I had not updated to Parallels 3188 -- the older version was rock
solid. I have had my WinXP image crash Parallels repeatedly too (even if
I never launch Rev.) I sent them a handful of logs yesterday.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com