Another Export Snapshot Problem

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Mar 20 08:37:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

Thanks Mark.

Ok I tried that (without the globalLoc call) and it worked, but it
still leaked memory big time, I guess that in that form, it is
basically the same as just exporting the group object and therefore
hits the bug. I was trying to use the older form and hoping that it
doesn't leak memory, at least that way I'd be able to put together
something together for my demo.

Ok, I used the older form, to do that you DO NOT specify the Window
ID, if you specify the Window ID then it assume you want the New
Object based version of the command.

However if I use the older form:

> put the rect of grp "GroupCounter" into tFrameRect
> export snapshot from rect tFrameRect to file tFileName as PNG

Then the rectangle dumped is not the object "GroupCounter" but some
other part of the window. If I do this:

put globalLoc(the topLeft of group "GroupCounter") into myFrameRect
put "," and globalLoc(the bottomRight of group "GroupCounter") after
myFrameRect
export snapshot from rect myFrameRect to file myFileName as PNG

Then I get the "no image" error!

 From my earlier test that dumped the wrong rectangle contents, I
managed to get it to spit out 1000 frames, it still leaked memory but
not as much memory!!!! Jeez, it's weird when you start feeling good
because something bad is not as bad as something else!

All the Best
Dave