Bug with token chunk type?

Phil Jimmieson P.Jimmieson at csc.liv.ac.uk
Tue Mar 20 05:23:36 EDT 2007

>This:
>
>    put token 1 of "s800"
>
>...returns "s800", but this:
>
>    put token 1 of "800s"
>
>...returns "800".
>
>bug?

Hi Richard,
Variables or commands/function names have to start with a letter,
though they can contain numbers. Numbers can't contain letters
(except for the hex variety). Parsing the string "s800" gives a valid
variable/command/function name. Parsing "800s" gives a valid number,
with an "s" left over.
Does that sound like a reasonable explanation for the behaviour?

--
Phil Jimmieson  phil at csc.liv.ac.uk  (UK) 0151 795 4236  (Mobile) 07976 983164
Computer Science Dept., Liverpool University, Ashton Building, Ashton Street