Duration of non supported applications

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Tue Mar 20 03:41:56 EDT 2007

Many thanks to Bill, David and Devin for your comments.
Since there seems to be no willingness (or resources) from our
faculty to engage a new person to replace me, I'll stick to Bill's
advice and update the programs to 2.8.
I do this because I think the contents of many of the programs may
still be valid for a decade. for instance phonetical transcription of
English, the terminology used in analysis of poems, grammatical
exercises (even if the grammar terminology as such tends to change
more often than I like) etc.

The programs have been developed for the study of English, French,
Italian, Spanish, German, Boruca, Norwegian as a second language. In
some of the programs, however, there are descriptions, translations
of sentences in Norwegian, so they can be only used by Norwegians.

The most eager ones to make use of the programs have been the
distance learning students, they are mostly more mature people than
our regular students.

I'll probably be back with questions concerning the upgrading. Thank
you again.

Signe Marie Sanne