Bug with token chunk type?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Mar 20 01:47:29 EDT 2007

J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Bill Marriott wrote:
>> It appears that only the letters a,b,c,d,e,f, and x operate the way you are
>> expecting.
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>     repeat for each char x in "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"
>>     put "111" & x into wholeThing
>>     put ">" & token 1 of wholeThing & "<" & return after fld 1
>>     end repeat
>> end mouseUp

> So it's hex. Not sure where the "x" fits in though.

If it's hex, then the number really isn't a separate part of the string.
  So I can see why those are treated differently, but I don't believe
they're treated correctly.

Why should "s" be parsed as a separate "token" from the numeric portion
  if it trails or is anywhere in the middle, but only if it's at the
beginning then it's considered a part of the alphanumeric string? :\

Unless someone can come up with a good reason why this is what one
should expect I'll log it as a bug tomorrow.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation