answer file of type ... ?

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Sat Mar 17 11:58:08 EDT 2007

I have some iCal export files I want to select with the answer file
command. I'd like to limit the answer file selection to just the iCal
export files.

Two questions:

What are the scripts I would use on MacOSX, Windows, and Unix to
limit the selection in answer file to be just the iCal export files?

How did you determine the file type or filter with parameters to use
for each of the answer file scripts?

The docs imply there are different answer file scripts required for
each OS but the examples are not marked as OS specific. The docs show
types and filters but for the types, they don't tell you how to
obtain the desired type or filter information from a path specified
file. Filters do not appear to work on Mac OS X (or there is some
magic that I'm just not performing to get a simple .ics filter to work).

Thanks in advance.

Kee Nethery