Memory Leak on export png????

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Fri Mar 16 14:21:09 EDT 2007

On 16 Mar 2007, at 17:59, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I simplified the script to make it easier to set up here, and since
> you're using v2.8 I removed the portion for earlier versions:
>
> on mouseUp
>   local tNum
>   local twID
>   local tFol
>   local tDest
>
>   put 500 into tNum
>   put the windowID of this stack into twID
>   put "/Users/rg/Desktop/untitled folder/" into tFol
>   set the defaultfolder to tFol
>
>   repeat with x = 1 to tNum
>     if the mouse is down then
>       exit to top
>     end if
>     put x & ".png" into tDest
>     put x into fld "counter"
>     export snapshot from grp 1 to file tDest as PNG
>   end repeat
>   answer "Done!"
> end mouseUp
>
> Running this script twice in both MC and Rev completed without
> error, and afterwards the memory allocation for each was roughly
> the same as before.
>
> What suggests this crash is specifically a memory leak?

Hi,

Just a guess really, I have had this kind of problem when my external
commands (not being used in this test) had a memory leak and the
performance went right down and RunRev acted in a similar way.

Not really sure if it is a leak, just seems like the most likely.
It's interesting that it works on you setup though. What version of
Mac OS are you using?

All the Best
Dave