OK to pass big data in 'the result'?

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Thu Mar 15 20:23:10 EDT 2007

If the data is really big (which i guess is relative to how much RAM
you have), then you're duplicating it, which could be quite
inefficient ie. noticeably slow.

Unless there's some other reason not to, I might do

on processRecords
   repeat for each line tLine in the uBigList of stack "XYZ"
     --your code here
   end repeat
   delete stack "XYZ"
end processRecords

Having said that, I don't think there's any reason that 'the result'
would be any better or worse than an ordinary variable in terms of
speed/memory use.

Best,

Mark