getting cgi running on linux server

Robert Mann robmann at gp-racing.com
Wed Mar 14 20:46:03 EDT 2007

I am trying to get cgi's working on my web server

I created the hello.cgi from Jacque's article using metapad which allows me
to set the correct line endings for unix.

Jacque sent me a link to download the linux engine I then used winzip to
extract I only got one file so I tried powerarchiver and that also gave me
one file should I be getting more than one file from the
<http://downloads.runrev.com/revolution/distributions/2.5.1/linux.tgz>

I put this file in the cgi-bin changed the permissions but I still get a 500
error

I am working on a windows xp machine locally

Anyone have any ideas as to shat I need to do to get this working?

Thanks

Rob