Windows Vista Free!

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 15:54:44 EDT 2007

Gosh! Wow! Jolly-Hockey-Sticks!

And, Windows Vista comes with lots of hidden extras
that crop up just when you need them; they're called
Viruses, Torojans, Malware and Spyware.

For some 'funny' reason none of my Pentium IIIs 700
MHz "warhorses" can cope with Windows Vista - and,
oddly enough, that doesn't matter because they do a
wonderful job running Ubuntu.

Guess I'll just stick with my Dear "old" (i.e. 4
years) G4 Dual Mirror Door Wind-Tunnel (Hey, now
that's a groovy moniker for a computer), the PPC
Mac-Mini (I had to move quickly!) and the warhorses -
minimal maintenance both in terms of time and money.
When Apple stop support for PPC I will, either
continue with the last PPC version of the Mac OS or
swap over to a PPC version of Linux.

Here, in Bulgaria, folks are either sticking with
their pirate versions of Win 98, 2000, 2003 or XP, or
(when the police start breathing down their necks)
stumping up the $$$ for a legal version fo XP. Nobody,
but nobody, has the money to buy a PC capable of
coping with the high demands of Vista. A very few have
changed over to Linux; no doubt more will.

Please do not think I am belittling Runtime Revolution
(the company); but I am belittling the baby that spent
far too long in the womb and now suffers from all the
faults of its ancestors, plus a few more.

Certainly, were I the owner of an Intel Mac (which I
suppose I will become one of these days - not for a
while though) I would be interested in the Parallels
offer. As it is at the moment I am fairly well off
with the last Connectix version of Virtual PC running
Win98.

I believe that PARALLELS WILL NOT RUN VISTA although I
would not swear to it.

While I'm on a "rant" I will sound off about N***le
breakfast cereals:

The other day I bought a box of 'chocolate balls' (I
can't remember what they are called) that my children
eat to guarantee hyper-activity, and noticed it came
with a CD computer-game which would only function on
Windows (3 hours later, puffing and blowing, I got it
running on WINE!) Luckily my children are as daft as
their father so did not start the inevitable "I wanna
Windows box" whine - but the manipulative intent of
this kind of "freebie" is clear to anybody but the
Epsilon semi-morons.

Its been a long day and its "my time of the month"
(i.e. when I grow hairs on the palms of my hands). . .
:)

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.