Detecting Browser Page on Windows/Linux

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Mar 14 13:00:28 EDT 2007

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:42:07 -0700, Mark Powell wrote:

> Yes, even better!  Is it up on your site?

Well, the 'stsDoVBS' function that executes raw VBScript is on my site
at:

  http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/ext002.htm

(go to near the bottom of the page)

And here's the VBS code to execute:

Set objApps = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
For Each objApp in objApps.Windows
  If (objApp.Name = "Windows Internet Explorer") or
(objApp.Name="Microsoft Internet Explorer") then
    IF objApp.LocationURL = "http://www.sonsothunder.com/home/home.htm"
Then
      objApp.Refresh
    End If
  End If
Next

The reason we need to test for both "Windows Internet Explorer" as well
as "Microsoft Internet Explorer" is that in Vista it's "Windows
<everything>", and in XP and earlier it's "Microsoft <everything>".

Have fun!

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com