Stadalone Icons

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Mar 14 05:37:27 EDT 2007

Hi Karen and Sarah,

If you are creating icons for Windows, you don't want to use
IconoGrapher. It creates an ugly mask that is visible in all
transparent areas of the icon. If you are creating icons for Mac OS X
and Mac OS 9 only, IconoGrapher is a great tool. I tried contacting
the author to ask when an update will become available, but didn't
get an answer.

For Mac, there is Apple's Icon Composer. You will find this in
folder /Developer/Applications/Utilities, after installing Apple's
Developer Tools, which you can obtain for free from Apple Developer
Connection or is included with your system software.

For Windows, there is an excellent freeware tool, called IconFX,
which creates icons for Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP and Vista. Download
it from <http://icofx.xhost.ro/>.

Best regards,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 14-mrt-2007, om 6:59 heeft Sarah Reichelt het volgende geschreven: