Naive as usual . . .

Marielle Lange mlange at widged.com
Tue Mar 13 08:34:34 EDT 2007

Hi Richmond,

> Yes it is! Autres meurs, autres fois!

I am more familiar with the quote "autre mœurs, autre époque"

As you set to cultivate this list, let me follow your lead and let
non french speakers get a chance to seize the meaning of this. ;-D

Moeurs is sometimes translated by morals. However, it has a more
general meaning of customs, trends, ways of life that characterize a
set period in history, good and bad ;-).  "c'est entré dans les
moeurs" for instance, means "it has become the way of doing of the
majority".

Epoque just means set period of time in history. "Belle époque" for
instance "was a period in French history that began during the late
19th Century and lasted until World War" <http://en.wikipedia.org/
wiki/Belle_Époque>

For the license, best would be to clarify this with support.

Marielle