concatenating with the ampersand

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 23:15:29 EDT 2007

On 3/12/07, Joe Lewis Wilkins <pepetoo at cox.net> wrote:

> Hi Kay, Jim, etc.,
>
> Would something like the following work?
>
> put merge("\
> [[the short name of the target]]_\
> [[word 1 of the clickline]]\
> ")\ --end merge
> into gStartHere --The destination of the string

Looks good to me:-)

It would also be conducive to a form whereby if one typed the phrase
> "merge 3", the script editor could replace it with a skeleton
> something like:
>
> put merge("\
> [[ ]]\
> [[ ]]\
> [[ ]]\
> ")\
> into    --The destination of the string
>
> Which can easily be completed. Does this make sense? Since I have yet
> to look at the documentation on "merge", this may be foolish.

Also looks like a sensible way to go. Of course you're unlikely to see your
Script Editor enhancement in the near future so you're probably just going
to have to create your own sheet of skeletons that you can copy and paste.
As agreed, those double square brackets do throw you, but like Rev itself,
once you've used them a bit it becomes very easy.