concatenating with the ampersand

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at Cox.Net
Sat Mar 10 15:13:51 EST 2007

OK, Phil. I wasted about an hour fiddling with this. It just wouldn't
compile. The result was always lineNumH instead of "1H" for the first
line when it is clicked on.

-- I have a scrolling field with a bunch of numbered phrases.
on mouseup
   put word one of the value of the clickline into lineNum --
provides number w/ a periof
   delete last char of lineNum -- deletes the period
   put quote & "lineNum"&"H"&quote into fldName -- creates a field
name such as "1H"
   send mouseup to field fldName -- sends the mouseup to the
appropriate field

Good luck and TIA,

Joe wilkins