Tables trouble

Terry Vogelaar tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Sat Mar 10 02:32:35 EST 2007

Hi all,

Although I use RunRev a lot, table fields are new to me. There was no
need for me to explore the possibilities of these before. Until now.
So the problems I run into might be stupid beginners mistakes...

I figured out I can fill the table with tab delimited lines. So I
populated the table with a 'put this into fld "table"' script. But as
soon as I edit one of the cells, the entire table content is erased.
 From then on, I can add as many cells as I like (manually) without
erasing anything I typed before. But everything I enter using a
script is bound to be erased after the first manual modification. Why?

Also, why is the textheight of a table field empty if a script tries
to obtain it?

And why is the table field not responding like a normal field when I
set the locktext to true?
I was hoping to make a table in which cells in certain columns act
like checkboxes; I click on the cell and a dot or checkmark appears -
I click on it again and it is toggled off. But although the locktext
is true, the table remains editable and no mouseup event is sent to
the field. Do I need to have a transparent button over the table to
handle the mouseup events? Or is there some other clever solution to
do this?

Terry