Reading OSX mail attachments

Tim Ponn alptex2 at orwell.net
Fri Mar 9 09:55:32 EST 2007

Hello all,

I have a situation where customer orders come to me via email with a
photo attachment.  It occurred to me that I could use rev to create a
db front end that could be pointed at the appropriate mailbox folder
and then have it extract each message.  Then, each message becomes a
record in my db.

Extracting the data is a piece o cake.  Then I come to the
attachment.  Apple apparently uses a compression technique to store
the image (jpg, bmp, whatever) within each individual message.  Has
anybody fiddled with reading and displaying these attachments?  Any
thoughts?  Ideas?  Laughs? ;=)

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Timothy R. Ponn