2 standalone build-related questions (OS X)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Mar 6 17:47:22 EST 2007

Sarah Reichelt wrote:
> On 3/7/07, Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:
>> If you delete the Edit menu entirely, there won't be a Preferences
>> menu item. Maybe you can create a menu Edit & space instead.
>
> There will still be a Preferences menu item because OS X puts it
> there, but it will be disabled. My way around this is to call the Edit
> menu something else and set it's label to "Edit". That way it looks
> right, but doesn't get treated like an Edit menu by the system.

Does OS X put it there, or does the Rev engine for OS X put it there?

I've found that renaming "Edit" makes the "Preferences" item disabled,
but I haven't found a way to get rid of it altogether.

I haven't delved into this in XCode, but my hunch is that Apple provides
a way to write applications that don't have a "Preferences" item, no?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation