Potential disaster for Rev/Linux pendrive apps

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Mon Mar 5 14:02:14 EST 2007

Andre:

I have tried running Rev from my pendrive using xterm in Feisty Fawn
Flight 5 on a live CD. Here is the result:

ubuntu at ubuntu:~$ /media/KINGSTON/Revolution/revolution.x86
bash: /media/KINGSTON/Revolution/revolution.x86: Permission denied
ubuntu at ubuntu:~$ sudo /media/KINGSTON/Revolution/revolution.x86
sudo: unable to execute /media/KINGSTON/Revolution/revolution.x86:
Permission denied
ubuntu at ubuntu:~$

Since I had never tried this from xterm in 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake that I
have installed, I then did it to compare results. Without using sudo,
Rev ran OK, but it gave me the following guff:

bob at bob-desktop:~$ /media/KINGSTON/Revolution/revolution.x86
Could not open libgdk-x11-2.0.so: libgobject-2.0.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
bob at bob-desktop:~$

Being the very clever young fellow you are, perhaps you can deduce
something from this. I can't.

One other interesting thing in Herd5 - not connected with the above - is
the fact that the beautiful new control panel for preferences and
administration that was present in Herd4 has now disappeared! We're back
to the old menus again...

Regards,
Bob