strage things happening with Rev cgi 2.5

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Sun Mar 4 17:55:55 EST 2007

I think I have already posted on this topic a few weeks ago,
but didn't get any reply.

I have a Rev cgi script that runs fine on a Linux RH server.
the script is about 400 lines long.

In that script, I have a couple of lines that creates a path file in
a directory on the server, opens the file, writes the content
of a couple of variables in it and then closes the file.
something very simple that I'm using for debugging.

When my script is OK, I comment those few lines (with --
at the beginning of each line) because I don't need them anymore.

And right after that I get a systematic error 500 when running the
script. If I uncomment the same lines, the script runs fine again.
If I delete those lines, error 500 again...

I'm puzzled because I have plenty of other comments in the same
script, that have no effect on it...

This problem seems to happen now and then on some scripts only...

Any idea ?

Thanks,
JB