XP and Vista question

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Mar 2 19:00:38 EST 2007

On 3/2/07, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> At least Apple has a business viability reason:  Apple sells computers,
> so if someone can run OS X on a non-Apple computer they lose a lot of money.

Hmmm.

Last I saw, Apple sold Operating systems...for even more than what I
pay for on Windows (XP Home OEM is < $99). I don't think they 'lose
money' when they sell their OS.

And please everyone, if you want to talk about draconian DRM issues
and proprietary (mis)dealings, you HAVE TO include Apple in THAT
discussion. For crying out loud, their getting their arses sued off in
Europe over the same issue.

I'm not defending MS's idiocy, but JEEZ.. fair is fair. Mac fanboys
not withstanding.