XP and Vista question

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Fri Mar 2 18:15:48 EST 2007

Hiya,

A passing suggestion: Try Ubuntu 6.0.6 LTS. It now has installers for
proprietary/'non-free' gfx card drivers, which used to be a bugbear
withe some distros.
If you're looking for a little more eye candy then try Kubuntu.
All fits on one CD, and the Synaptic Package Manager is a breeze to
use, although for the gfx drivers I used Envy from the terminal
(Install Envy via Synaptic, logout, do a Ctrl+Alt+F1 to get to a
terminal login. Login, run envy. Does ATI and Nvidia).
Running sweet on a 2 year old Dell.

Cheers,

Luis.